Friday, July 31, 2009

The Emo Rant

I have done everything for that girl.
She just does not get it.
I deserve more than this miserable hell hole.
The light at the end of the dying tunnel is a fleeting glimmer of hope.
Tomorrow is fading away with the passing of the days.
Time flys by me and I can not seem to notice its presence.
Where have I fallen too?

Come with me oh black night.
Let me know there is a glimmer of hope still left in the far off distance.
Let me know that there will be another day abounding with joy.
Flipping through photos from several years.
I have faded away lost in a river of unrequited agony.

Give me but my name and restore its former glory.
Give me my name and bring back the joy I once was not instructed to feel.
Give me my glory, give me my hope, give me my meaning.
I have lost more than my heart.
I have lost a souls worth.
Give me back the joy you have stolen from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About The Artistic Poet: Cristina Marrero

My photo
Jacksonville, FL, United States
I'm a Latinx, Queer/Non-Binary writer born in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I transformed into Diaspora when I was transplanted onto the mainland and have lived in Florida ever since. Before coming out as Transgender, I wrote The River - The Unsung Love Story and published a book of poems initially released through Lulu.com under their birth name. Shortly after that, I took a break from writing, leaving the series unfinished. Today I continue writing under my chosen name with a focus on LGBTQ+ intersectional characters for Young Adult audiences.