Sunday, August 2, 2009

Strangers in The Night

I am not the person you knew me to be.
I have found myself lost in this black oblivion,
Lost inside the maze of my forgotten mind.
Where have I gone to?

Her words still whisper in my ears.
No longer does her memory haunt me.
The loss of intimacy, the mourning of a friend.
Where did we lose ourselves?

Strangers in the night.
We meet for the first time--
Lost from where we were,
Lost from where we have gone.

Strangers in the night.
Neither one of us are the same people
With whom we fell in love.

Strangers in the night.
Long lost distant members of a forgotten dream.
Disintegrating into a flowing fog,
Lingering from the same forgotten memory,
And washing away onto the seas of a forgotten shore.

Strangers in the night.
No longer players in the same scene.
The final bow taken with the last line of our broken tragedy.
The painting of a new scene,
Once drawn on the blank pallet of a starless night,
Now strewn over the closed curtains of a forgotten night's dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About The Artistic Poet: Cristina Marrero

My photo
Jacksonville, FL, United States
I'm a Latinx, Queer/Non-Binary writer born in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I transformed into Diaspora when I was transplanted onto the mainland and have lived in Florida ever since. Before coming out as Transgender, I wrote The River - The Unsung Love Story and published a book of poems initially released through Lulu.com under their birth name. Shortly after that, I took a break from writing, leaving the series unfinished. Today I continue writing under my chosen name with a focus on LGBTQ+ intersectional characters for Young Adult audiences.