Sunday, July 19, 2009

Moon Lit Dream

[This poem is rather old, but its a nice break from the recent depressing stuff. =0)]


Somtimes at night,
When the sun has set,
I look to the moon and find
My energy spent.

I look to the sky
The stars, far and wide,
I wonder why
You are not by my side.

I wonder why,
Does the moon lit sky,
Boarder the path,
To my undying light.

The love I hold,
For you, so far away,
Makes me wonder why,
The moon lit sky,
Must stand in our way.

Somtimes at night,
When my heart aches,
I pray to the heavens
We will find our way

Two paths, two roads,
One day will join again
And no longer will the sky
Stand between our lover's lane.

Do not fear,
For this tide shall pass
The wind filled currants fade

But like the sea,
My love flows deep.
No ocean, tide, or moon lit sky
Will keep me from
The love of my life.

One day our skys will meet
Our oceans join,
The music flow in perfect harmony.

I long for the day,
I see your face,
We lie in peace,
And gaze at our moon lit dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About The Artistic Poet: Cristina Marrero

My photo
Jacksonville, FL, United States
I'm a Latinx, Queer/Non-Binary writer born in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I transformed into Diaspora when I was transplanted onto the mainland and have lived in Florida ever since. Before coming out as Transgender, I wrote The River - The Unsung Love Story and published a book of poems initially released through Lulu.com under their birth name. Shortly after that, I took a break from writing, leaving the series unfinished. Today I continue writing under my chosen name with a focus on LGBTQ+ intersectional characters for Young Adult audiences.