Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Kiss of An Angel


Your touch.
The words you whispered.
Your voice.

Your heart beat.
Your rapid motions.
Your moans and groans.

The look in your eyes.
The beat of your heart.
The trust in your arms.

The love in your stare.
The embrace of a lover.
The heart of a friend.
The forever love of a partner.

The clinching of my shoulders.
The warm embrace.
The listening of your heart beat.
The quickening of its pace.

The slowing down of motion.
The slow withdrawal.
The kiss of an angel.
The kiss from my heart.

The staring into a lover’s eyes.
The holding you close.
The hugging me tight.

The whisper of the words:
“I love you.”
The smile of a dream.

The holding promise.
The never letting go.
The grip of forever.
The promise to always hold you close.

The peace of serenity.
The home in your arms.
The peace you gave within me.
The joy we found in each other’s hearts.

Where did it go wrong?
When did the love fade away?
The kiss of angel.
My angel flew away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About The Artistic Poet: Cristina Marrero

My photo
Jacksonville, FL, United States
I'm a Latinx, Queer/Non-Binary writer born in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I transformed into Diaspora when I was transplanted onto the mainland and have lived in Florida ever since. Before coming out as Transgender, I wrote The River - The Unsung Love Story and published a book of poems initially released through Lulu.com under their birth name. Shortly after that, I took a break from writing, leaving the series unfinished. Today I continue writing under my chosen name with a focus on LGBTQ+ intersectional characters for Young Adult audiences.