Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hell's Firery Gates

Give me a reason to believe.
There have been far to many reasons to forget.
To many reasons to resent.
To many reasons to wash you from my brain.

Give me a reason to risk my heart,
To believe in something more than a hell hole of loveless spite.
A hell of forgotten memories,
A hell hole of desperate fights.

Give me a reason to hope
For something other than hate.
It's a bitter road when you cross love.
It's a bitter road when you leave a lover standing
On the steps of hell's firery gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About The Artistic Poet: Cristina Marrero

My photo
Jacksonville, FL, United States
I'm a Latinx, Queer/Non-Binary writer born in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I transformed into Diaspora when I was transplanted onto the mainland and have lived in Florida ever since. Before coming out as Transgender, I wrote The River - The Unsung Love Story and published a book of poems initially released through Lulu.com under their birth name. Shortly after that, I took a break from writing, leaving the series unfinished. Today I continue writing under my chosen name with a focus on LGBTQ+ intersectional characters for Young Adult audiences.