Monday, August 3, 2009

Stop The World & Pass Me The Glue!

God, give me strength!
I am fading away...
There is nothing left of me.
My strength to fight grows weaker with the passing of each second.
My will to live grows thinner.
Death not an option,
But my living life is fading fast.
I survive instead of live.
I crawl instead of walk.
Where have I fallen to?

Oh, God in the heavens,
Give me the courage to make it through!
Nothing seems to keep me strong.
Nothing seems to help me fight through the pain of my tears.
My hope is dwindling away as I lay spread on the bathroom floor.
The light of hope a glimmering flicker in the night.
Oh, Father God hear my prayers!
I am so tired of this fight!

Lord...Dad, every time I take a step forward,
Something happens and I end up two steps back.
Where do I go from here?
There is no where to run to.
I run to you, but now what do I do?
I am just tired of the world going wrong.
I am tired of my choices not being right.
What happened to my clarity?!

My strength is in you, so please, start to deliver.
I just want my peace and serenity back.
Love is a fools game when it comes to romance.
I have been a fool to think love for me was a possibility.
I have so much to give, and the world to share...
No one is ready.

Why do I experience those things some only dream?
Why do I only feel pain?
I need to love.
I need to share my heart.
I need to hope.
You blessed me with a heart bigger than my body,
But it is also a curse.

I choose the wrong ones.
They all leave and never stay.
They all run away.
They all break my heart,
Although, I know I have broken a few.
I am sick of things breaking!
Lord...can you, please, pass me the glue?

1 comment:

  1. I love the last line of this poem, and how it ties in with the next poem.

    ReplyDelete

About The Artistic Poet: Cristina Marrero

My photo
Jacksonville, FL, United States
I'm a Latinx, Queer/Non-Binary writer born in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I transformed into Diaspora when I was transplanted onto the mainland and have lived in Florida ever since. Before coming out as Transgender, I wrote The River - The Unsung Love Story and published a book of poems initially released through Lulu.com under their birth name. Shortly after that, I took a break from writing, leaving the series unfinished. Today I continue writing under my chosen name with a focus on LGBTQ+ intersectional characters for Young Adult audiences.