Thursday, August 13, 2009

Deadly Poison

Loneliness kills the soul of a man
waiting for the hope of the midnight hour.

Loneliness deprives the soul of a man
waiting for a glimmer of hope.

Come forth from the night you villainous creature.
Let me know thy true form.
Your face is dark with no remorse.
The murderous soul shows no shame for the killing of men.
The fiend strikes by injecting a lonely poison into the veins of his empty victims.
Left by the waste side are the dreams of a thousand forgotten spirits,
Longing for the toll of the midnight hour.
Longing for the dawn of a new age.

Come forth from the night!
Fight the still standing man
Who, somehow, holds yet one shred of hope in his lonely arsenal.
Fight not with your deadly poison,
But battle with the fists the Devil himself has crafted for you!

Loneliness kills the hope of a soul
Like the shadow of the night conceals the light
From the dawn of a new tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About The Artistic Poet: Cristina Marrero

My photo
Jacksonville, FL, United States
I'm a Latinx, Queer/Non-Binary writer born in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I transformed into Diaspora when I was transplanted onto the mainland and have lived in Florida ever since. Before coming out as Transgender, I wrote The River - The Unsung Love Story and published a book of poems initially released through Lulu.com under their birth name. Shortly after that, I took a break from writing, leaving the series unfinished. Today I continue writing under my chosen name with a focus on LGBTQ+ intersectional characters for Young Adult audiences.