Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Breath of Life

Feel that sensation of inspiration.
It runs through your veins,
Seeps from your soul,
Flows through you like a river.

Feel that surge of adrenaline.
Pumping through your heart,
Surging through your body,
Pushing you to new limits.

Feel the rush of freedom!
No one can constrain you;
Total freedom to explore,
Complete freedom to be.

Feel the rush of jubilation.
Step on stage,
Stand before the crowd,
It's your moment.
Control your emotion,
Breath in the life,
Then you speak.

Nothing like the stage.
Nothing like that momentary spot light.
For the first time in a long time,
I am alive.

1 comment:

  1. You've got to love anything that brings you to the present moment and gives you a rush like that. I've never been stage-shy either.

    ReplyDelete

About The Artistic Poet: Cristina Marrero

My photo
Jacksonville, FL, United States
I'm a Latinx, Queer/Non-Binary writer born in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I transformed into Diaspora when I was transplanted onto the mainland and have lived in Florida ever since. Before coming out as Transgender, I wrote The River - The Unsung Love Story and published a book of poems initially released through Lulu.com under their birth name. Shortly after that, I took a break from writing, leaving the series unfinished. Today I continue writing under my chosen name with a focus on LGBTQ+ intersectional characters for Young Adult audiences.