Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Flowers in Bloom

Flowers in bloom appear so beautiful.
Time and care has caused them to prosper.
Left alone, they will still grow.
There are seasons to roses.
First they are born,
soon they whither away,
but then they rise from the dead
more beautiful than remembered.

Flowers in bloom appear so beautiful.
But roses have thorns,
Roses can bleed.
Roses may prick, or be broken, or even tear.
Handle every beautiful rose with affection matched with caution.
Appreciate the beauty of the flower, never forgetting its fragility.

Flowers in bloom can whither away,
but like the Phoenix from the ashes,
they are reborn to a new life from a bright burning flame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About The Artistic Poet: Cristina Marrero

My photo
Jacksonville, FL, United States
I'm a Latinx, Queer/Non-Binary writer born in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I transformed into Diaspora when I was transplanted onto the mainland and have lived in Florida ever since. Before coming out as Transgender, I wrote The River - The Unsung Love Story and published a book of poems initially released through Lulu.com under their birth name. Shortly after that, I took a break from writing, leaving the series unfinished. Today I continue writing under my chosen name with a focus on LGBTQ+ intersectional characters for Young Adult audiences.